Monday, September 7, 2009

It's Good To Be Queen


When I first saw Sofia Coppola's movie Marie Antoinette I fell in love with the costumes and scenery. The movie is pure magic to look at and must have been a set directors dream to create.



Since I was unable to visit Versailles on my first visit to Paris I made sure it was first on the agenda on my second. Seeing the movie made me want to go there even more. I became a bit obsessed with the images and books on her. I went and visit this last April and snapped some photos and collected a few touristy things while I was there.

I have to admit that I was disappointed by the stuff for sale there after seeing the movie. I mean come on people jump on the band wagon...there is so much more they could have done. The fun I could have had if I was given free reign to be on the marketing team.Of course there was note pads and pencils, shirts the regular tourist things. But the few things I did buy were pretty basic.


This little silk bag is sweet but the images are the only reason I bought it. I purchased the perfume for myself and others. I really wanted a fan and was terribly disappointed with the only one I could find. It's print is so light you can barely see it. I also bought the pill box included in the photo


I had to have the music box...
While rummage around in a thrift store this week I found a basic yellow fan and decided to create my own funny little fan. It was a great way to spend a rainy afternoon.


A little close up...


I found this little coach a few weeks back at a street fair..thought it looked like something she would ride in.

While I am at it I may as well show you these slippers I found in the 'Carousel de Louvre' ..I had to have them as they reminded me of some of the wonderful shoes she wore.
Since I couldn't find any of the high fancy ones that she wore. I will just have to make some. Until then.
Voila
Jamie

2 comments:

  1. The fan would have been my favourite purchase although I like your much better. I could see you fanning yourself on those hot summer days.

    Is there anything you can't do?

    ReplyDelete