Thursday, October 1, 2009

Flea Market Frame.



Found this old frame a few months ago...got it for a song. It's a large metal oval frame with ivy leaves on it, I thought it would make a perfect sign for my petite maison. When ever I looked at it I visioned it weathered and old with a slight patina look about it. I sprayed the body with a rust paint and the went to work on the top coat. With a finger I applied paints and creams and rubbed it on and rubbed it off. This effect gave the metal a buffed look and then I rubbed some bronze, and gold into the texture of the metal. I also brushed on some powders in various colors of blues, greens and purples. I buffed it with a cloth and rubbed it till it shone like old metal. It was just so much fun and relaxing to muck about with. These photos don't do it justice so click to enlarge them to get the full effect.




I was really happy with how it turned out. It reminded me of some of the metals in I seen in Paris and how over the years the elements have aged and colored them. To think some of these pieces have been there for years and years and some are newer but still are just beautiful.




There is the beautiful entrance to Laduree.




The sights you see hanging out in a grave yard in Paris...even Jim Morrison has weathered quite nicely.


Or other treasures Paris has in abundance.

I am really excited to have a nice frame perfect for one of my upcoming paintings and can't wait to fill it.


Voila

Jamie




1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see this with something in it. It's going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete